Friday 3 December 2010

Race cancellations



It's Snowing
Just in case you didn't hear about it - so far all the races this weekend are under review or cancelled due to the snow.

The ones I know that are cancelled/postponed so far include, on Sunday December 5th:
Doyen of the Downs: link
Crowborough 10k: link
Luton Marathon: http://www.lutonmarathon.org.uk/
Saturdays Womens christmas cracker chase at Worthing: link 

Under review:(as of 4pm Friday)

Sundays Duck Pond Waddle: link

Fortune-telling abilities
It gives me no satisfaction in my prediction that last weekends 3 Molehills race at Denbys organised by Events to Live would be the last chance of a race this year before christmas, but for once it turns out I might be right (dances the dance of rightness whilst the wife isn't looking).

3 MoleHills last Sunday
Despite one or two marshals getting things topsy-turvey, the 3 Molehills still managed to raise a large amount of money for the The Queen Elizabeth Foundation of £1500. It was a great day out, although sub zero on Box Hill didn't do my fingers an good as my camera bag frosted over at 8:30am !
Here's the gallery : http://gallery.sussexsportphotography.com/a.tlx?k=ninzgbp




 Right, I've now got a weekend off and also the subsequent week of image processing, preparation and putting online, so I'd best get on with the Tax return due since April.

The local school christmas fair portrait session has been cancelled too as I'm not going to carry all my studio kit over the icy paths, however in other news, the Studio here is almost up and running - if anyone wants a photoshoot then get in touch...Kids, Dads and Mums allowed. (I'll be promoting it more once I've finished all the decorating). Here's one I did earlier with Sophie Coleman World Junior Duathlete Champion, see if you can figure out how I did it, answers on a postcard...
Have a nice weekend - in the Gym, Pool or treadmill. Go carefully and safely in the ice, snow and cold,
until next time
Anthony

Click here for our race finding link page on the blog
Race Finding links
Who ?
Just click on the Logo
Fetch Everyone: Race finder
Fetch Logo
The Sussex Race Planner
Active Network
Active Global Logo
Run 247
Runners World
Runners World Logo
Running Diary
Running Diary Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment